Use this online web camera test to make sure that your webcam is actually working and properly set up.
If you are trying to use your usb webcam for video chat, IM, or for recording yourself – with no success, or if you want to know how many frames per second your camera is recording. This is a quick and easy web cam test, no need to even leave your browser!
Simply click “Allow” in the red box, wait a few seconds, and then you should see yourself (or whatever your camera is pointed at right now), plus some text on the side indicating the number of FPS (Frames Per Second) that is recorded.
If you don’t see yourself yet check if the browser is asking you to allow access to the camera in a message at the top of the screen, near the address bar. If it is asking, allow it.
If you see yourself and the FPS count, then, hooray – your web camera passed the test.
If you don’t see anything after clicking “Allow” and confirming the browser message (if you had one) then there’s a problem. Sometimes you won’t be able to click on the “Allow” button in the box to the right because you won’t see it, which also indicates a problem with the connection or configuration of your webcam.
If your usb web camera test didn’t pass, here are some things you should check:
- Check that it is connected to the USB socket.
- If the webcam IS already connected, try disconnecting it and connecting it again.
You should see something pop up on your computer screen, or hear a sound, when you connect the webcam again.
- Some usb webcam models have an “ON/OFF” switch – make sure that if yours has one – it is set to “ON”.
- Try downloading the latest drivers for your usb webcam. Search the box or the camera itself for the
name/number of the model, and then search google for “NAME OF MODEL driver”. That should take you
to a page where you can download and install new drivers.
Here are some of the top web cams in the market. Buy one if your existing web camera continues to have issues.
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows
- 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients. Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels)
- H.264 video compression, Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction. Automatic low-light correction, Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or monitors
- Works with Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Microsoft Live Messenger
- 5-megapixel snapshots: You can take high-resolution snapshots at up to 5 megapixels
- You'll get HD 720p video calling on most major instant messaging applications
- HD 720p video calling and HD video recording, 2.4 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2 GB RAM,200 MB hard drive space
- Video capture: Up to 1280 x 720 pixels, Logitech Fluid Crystal
- Crisp 3 MP photos Technology,Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
- Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30Fps/ 720P at 60FPS
- Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
- Block your Webcam with a C-SLIDE. Stop's Webcam Spying
- (3)BLACK units with NO LOGO. Simply attaches with double sided adhesive that can be removed later.
- Fits: Computers, Laptops, Smart TV's, PS4, Xbox, 3rd party external webcams
- Business Grade Hd Video Webcam: Full 1080P Hd Video At 30 Frames Per Second For High Quality Video Conferences On Pc Or Mac
- Widest Field Of View: 90-Degree Extended View Plus Pan, Tilt And 4X Digital Zoom; Perfect For Whiteboard Presentations And Product Demos
- Uvc H.264 Encoding: Frees Up System Bandwidth And Delivers A Smoother Video Stream By Putting Video Processing In The Camera
- Opened or closed with one simple finger movement, highly self-adhesive and removable without any residue
- Ultra thin 1 mm, minimalistic design, available in metal oder robust synthetic and in different colours
- Tested and recommended by various specialised media and authorities, ideal for individuals and corporations
- PROTECTS YOUR SECURITY AND PRIVACY: Covers your webcam when not in use and prevents webcam hackers from spying on you. Slides open when you need to use your webcam. Locks in place to ensure cover does not slide open.
- EXTREMELY THIN AND DURABLE: Measuring only 1.0mm thick, will not interfere with closing your laptop. Adheres with double sided 3M tape, can be removed if needed but will stay on strong through wear and tear.
- FITS ON MOST DEVICES: Can be used to cover most webcams on iphones, ipads, laptops, PCs, macbooks, android phones. Does not interfere with webcam use or indicator light.
- [HD 720P AT 30FPS STREAMING]: Powered by the 720p Full HD pixel CMOS, the HD92 Webcam produces exceptionally sharp and clear videos at resolutions up to 1280 x 720 pixels up to 30fps. The five-element glass lens provides a sharper image.
- [AUTOMATIC LOW LIGHT CORRECTION]: Even if you make a video call in dim or poorly backlit settings, the camera will intelligently adjust to produce the best possible image.
- [BUILT-IN NOISE CANCELLING MIC]: Eliminate background noise and be heard clearly with the built-in noise-canceling microphone. The person you're chatting with will enjoy only clear, crisp audio - even without the use of a dedicated headset.