Use this online web camera test to make sure that your webcam is actually working and properly set up.
If you are trying to use your usb webcam for video chat, IM, or for recording yourself – with no success, or if you want to know how many frames per second your camera is recording. This is a quick and easy web cam test, no need to even leave your browser!
Simply click “Allow” in the red box, wait a few seconds, and then you should see yourself (or whatever your camera is pointed at right now), plus some text on the side indicating the number of FPS (Frames Per Second) that is recorded.
If you don’t see yourself yet check if the browser is asking you to allow access to the camera in a message at the top of the screen, near the address bar. If it is asking, allow it.
If you see yourself and the FPS count, then, hooray – your web camera passed the test.
If you don’t see anything after clicking “Allow” and confirming the browser message (if you had one) then there’s a problem. Sometimes you won’t be able to click on the “Allow” button in the box to the right because you won’t see it, which also indicates a problem with the connection or configuration of your webcam.
If your usb web camera test didn’t pass, here are some things you should check:
- Check that it is connected to the USB socket.
- If the webcam IS already connected, try disconnecting it and connecting it again.
You should see something pop up on your computer screen, or hear a sound, when you connect the webcam again.
- Some usb webcam models have an “ON/OFF” switch – make sure that if yours has one – it is set to “ON”.
- Try downloading the latest drivers for your usb webcam. Search the box or the camera itself for the
name/number of the model, and then search google for “NAME OF MODEL driver”. That should take you
to a page where you can download and install new drivers.
Here are some of the top web cams in the market. Buy one if your existing web camera continues to have issues.
- Full HD 1080p video calling (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels) with the latest version of Skype for Windows
- 720p HD video calling (up to 1280 x 720 pixels) with supported clients. Full HD video recording (up to 1920 x 1080 pixels)
- H.264 video compression, Built-in dual stereo mics with automatic noise reduction. Automatic low-light correction, Tripod-ready universal clip fits laptops, LCD or monitors
- HD 720p video calling and HD video recording, 2.4 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2 GB RAM,200 MB hard drive space
- Video capture: Up to 1280 x 720 pixels, Logitech Fluid Crystal
- Crisp 3 MP photos Technology,Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Web Camera specifically designed and optimized for Professional quality video streaming on social gaming and entertainment sites like Twitch and YouTube
- Stream and record vibrant, true-to-life HD 1080P video at 30Fps/ 720P at 60FPS
- Background replacement technology (powered by personify) allows you to integrate your live image and any background Scene, right onto your stream (only works with Windows 7 and above)
- Business Grade Hd Video Webcam: Full 1080P Hd Video At 30 Frames Per Second For High Quality Video Conferences On Pc Or Mac
- Widest Field Of View: 90-Degree Extended View Plus Pan, Tilt And 4X Digital Zoom; Perfect For Whiteboard Presentations And Product Demos
- Uvc H.264 Encoding: Frees Up System Bandwidth And Delivers A Smoother Video Stream By Putting Video Processing In The Camera
- 8.0 Megapixel camera; For Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Mac OS X 10.9 and above and Chromebook
- Ziggi-HD Plus's high-resolution 8 Megapixel camera can achieve up to 3264 x 2448 pixels when directly connected to PC or Mac. Max shooting area: 13.46" x 10.04" (342 x 255mm)
- Up to 30 fps live video capture (at full HD)
- Works with Skype, Yahoo Messenger, Microsoft Live Messenger
- Windows Vista®, Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows® 8
- 5-megapixel snapshots: You can take high-resolution snapshots at up to 5 megapixels
- [ Extremely Slim ] Designed ONLY 0.7mm THIN. It will not interfere with closing your laptop. It fits on most smartphones, tablets, all-in-one desktops, laptop, and computers.
- [ Movable Magnet Slider Design ] The sliding disc allows for easy access to the web camera or lock your webcam. Metal and Magnet are durable, It can be used a million times and will not scratch your devices.
- [ Strong Adhesive, Easily Installed ] durable 3M adhesive much stronger hold on more types of devices. You can easily tear off the back protection film, and then place it around the lens.
- 【MOVABLE SLIDER DESIGN】iRush Webcam Cover can be opened or closed with just one simple finger movement. The adhesive can be easily applied and removed from the required device without trace.
- 【EXTREMELY THIN AND DURABLE】Measuring only 0.03in thick, will not interfere with closing your laptop. Adheres with double sided tape, can be removed if needed but will stay on strong through wear and tear.
- 【SECURE YOUR PRIVATE SPACE】iRush Webcam Cover ensures your private life behind the laptop remains private. Slide the Webcam Cover open when needed, block potential hackers and close your laptop with no problem due to the ultra thin design.
- Versatile, powerful, and compact USB document camera - at a price that will surprise you
- Multi-jointed stand positions camera for documents, objects, and hands-on demonstrations
- 2 Megapixel camera; macro mode for exceptional images from as close as 2 (5 cm) away